Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Exploration: An unique and exclusive design language.

We were shown examples of different types of animation during lecture today. It triggles my interest in searching out the various styles, from which I will gather inspiration of the style that I am going for in my first animation project.

Narrative
Illustration is not fantastic in this clip, but the concept is interesting and humorous.

Taylor McKenzie : Edward The Hamster. BBC Radio4 from Craig Wilkinson on Vimeo.



Narrative
The sense of playfulness that spices the animation up.

Vegeterrible from Henrik Sønniksen on Vimeo.



Narrative
Awesome detailing and illustration style.

Galileo from Ghislain Avrillon on Vimeo.



Abstract
Very subjective and may not appeal to a wide range of audiences, but it can be very evocative.

In-Between Ends from Alex Glawion on Vimeo.



Totally Cool
A great deal of effort!

MUTO a wall-painted animation by BLU from blu on Vimeo.


I believe as an animator/illustrator/designer, it is important to have an unique design language that he can relate to personally. The design should not be confined to the precedents, but rather a personalised language that represents the designer. As a beginner, I would love to take the opportunity of these assignments to boldly explore and experiment with a wide range of design styles, as I move on to develop a design language that is uniquely me.

No comments:

Post a Comment